Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 4:22:20 PM EDT
... a civilian in Arizona to own, posses and operate a lower that has this stamped on it?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not very well versed on Arizona state legislature, but I can't see why not.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Likewise, I don't know if AZ has any laws regarding the matter, but the Federal law which used to forbid it is no more. I believe the rifle pictured falls under the same rules (no more) as post-ban hi-cap mags: hi-cap mags that were made after '94 had LEO/GOVT USE ONLY stamped on them simply because the '94 AWB made them illegal for civilians to own. That law is no longer in effect, so all those mags are OK now. I'm not sure why an AR lower would be stamped, though. It was my understanding that (even during the ban) if the gun didn't have the requisite number of features, it was OK to own no matter what was stamped on it.

--cfors
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
That little red pencil thingy might get you in trouble.  Otherwise, you are fine.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I don't know anything about AZ law or that gun(by that picture) Is it a registered NFA item? If its registered as a SBR or AOW,etc then you need to fill out a Form 4 and get is signed by local law enforcement and then the BATFE, etc.

Sorry I know I didn't answer your question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top