Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 12:56:11 AM EDT
She isnt even done but the MP station just told me that no soldier un USAEURA is able to own firearms in Europe. If you have it you either have to destroy it or send it back to the states.

I am not a legal expert by far but doesnt this hit on my 2nd amendment rights? I dont care if the army keeps control of my ar, I just want to have it near me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You gave up most of your rights when you joined, so there isn't much you can do.  Send her home and see her when you get back.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Europe isn't the US so the constitution doesn't apply in most instances. If the hosting country doesn't want you to have personal guns, even on the military base, they can prohibit it. If the command doesn't want you to have personal guns, they can prohibit it too, either by destroying it, making you ship it back, or in some cases, requiring you to store it in the armory, this choice is usually up to the command, again, depending on the agreement they have with the hosting country.

You have zero, nada, no constitutional rights when off base, and while on base (even CONUS bases) you have very few.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top