Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 6:51:13 PM EDT
I want to form a shooting club but am not sure how to do it and protect myself from any liability issues. The concern stems from my local County run range that will allow me to shoot full auto only if I form a club and provide insurance.

I have found insurance but am not sure what to do about forming the club. I am the only one doing all legwork and paying for the insurance and getting the word out to new member to offset the investment of course. This will not be for profit but to provide a new shooting opportunity.

Should I incorporate the club or preferably go as an LLC since it’s easy to do in Florida or, as a non-for profit. I don’t want an accident to turn into a nightmare for me personally. If it could be just informal where just a log is kept of who has paid dues and was present on what night. I would assume the county would have some liability.

Thank you in advance for your replies,

Tom
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:55:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Talk to a Florida attorney about incorporating, and explain exactly what you want to do.

There's a list of pro-RKBA attorneys out there if you want to give them your business.

http://www.geocities.com/admiralty_lawyer/dfenders.htm

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact the NRA they have people that handle insurance for clubs, they should be able to help you.
Tom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top