Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 4:32:17 AM EDT
A better question would be; Why has the SCOTUS refused to acknowledge the 2nd Amendment??

It was eager to take a case on the 1st and several others but when the question of the relativity of the good ol' 2nd comes up they refuse to hear it!?!?

I think it's because their affraid that if they rule in favor of the Second almost every firearms law on the books would become null and void, and if they rule against it there will be a huge opening for civil disobedience and confiscation.

What's your thoughts guy's?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I think its because both the collective-rights crowd and the pro-individual liberty crown on the current bench know it will be a split decision and noone wants to risk a win for the other side.

For example see the 3-2-3-1 decision of US v. T/C, 504 U.S. 505.

My $.02

CHeers, Otto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top