Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:42:53 PM EDT
I know that you must go through a FFL to transfer from one person to another across state lines, but what if youre moving from say, Texas to Hawaii, and the movers will not transport them for you?  Can you mail them to yourself at your address in Hawaii or would you still have to go through the FFL?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can mail them to yourself IF they are legal guns in both locations.  Make sure it is signature required.

Adult signature is what is required.  In the ATF.GOV FAQ this question is answered.

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
All my guns are legal, just not the magazines.  Im considering re-enlisting to go back to Hawaii, so I was curious exactly what the law would be concerning this since I cannot actually drive my things to Oahu.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I know that you must go through a FFL to transfer from one person to another across state lines, but what if youre moving from say, Texas to Hawaii, and the movers will not transport them for you?  Can you mail them to yourself at your address in Hawaii or would you still have to go through the FFL?

You can mail rifles and shotguns to yourself, but not handguns. Handguns are only mailable among dealers and manufacturers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You can mail rifles and shotguns to yourself, but not handguns. Handguns are only mailable among dealers and manufacturers.

You CAN FedEx/UPS handguns to yourself! They must go air (not law, just rules of shipping company).

NO need to use an FFL, but as others stated, make damn sure that everything is legal in HI (and you can get whatever permits might be required for possession) before doing this. www.packing.org is a good place to start, but make sure to check actual HI state website/resources, as I have found some significant errors in info on the www.packing.org website.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
All my guns are legal, just not the magazines.  Im considering re-enlisting to go back to Hawaii, so I was curious exactly what the law would be concerning this since I cannot actually drive my things to Oahu.

You might consider contacting the JAG office in Hawaii.  They should be able to fill you in on what you can and cannot do.  I'm sure you wouldn't be the first military member to bring firearms to Hawaii.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your mags are not legal?   Not sure what you mean.

Regarding Hawaii, they have some pretty stiff state gun laws.  Please familiarize yourself with them before you try and ship anything.

Anything with a capacity greater than 10 rounds is illegal according to state law in Hawaii.  I dont own any pre-ban or ban free configured guns at the moment so Im good there also.  They have a state registration through Honolulu county regarding any firearm other than a muzzleloader.  Being that I already have one firearm registered in that state, getting my other guns registered shouldnt be a problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top