Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 2:28:55 PM EDT
Are folding stocks still illegal on rimfire (.22) rifles in california since the awb expired?  The way i understood it was that california AWB law doesnt apply to rimfire weapons.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have read SB23 a couple times, and only centerfire semi-auto rifles rifles, and semi-auto pistols are covered. Rimfire rifles were left out of the ban. You can pimp out that 10/22 to your hearts content!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
hahah dont worry its already pretty pimped out with double pistol grips.  I'm looking into getting a AR-15 picatinny tri rail system on it too  Would be awsome if i could convert my ramline lock arm stock into a folder though, so if its legal now i just have to figure out if they make a parts kit for it or what.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Big nono.
Great Guns in Sacramento lost their FFL for selling Ruger 10/22s with folding stocks. Alike the AK-47 and surpressors, they are banned all together.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It would be legal as long as the overall length of the rifle with the stock folded was 26 inches or more.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#5]
44-canon was this before or after the AWB expired?  I keep getting yeah its legal and no its not legal.  Can anybody cite the specific part of the law that would outlaw it on a rimfire in CA?  I know that rimfires in CA can have assault weapon features like pistol grips.  Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
U can have a folding stock on any rimfire now that the federal AWB expired.

IN california, they never placed a ban on folding stocks for rimfire. However, up until september, federal law prohibited a folder on a post ban rimfire rifle.

So go ahead and knock ursocks off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I see. OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top