Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 1:48:33 PM EDT
Was looking at a Winchester short barreled 8 round shotgun. Had several people mention they thought it had to be plugged for only 3 rounds. I thought the 3 round issue was only for hunting. Would I have any legal problems loading 8 rounds for home defense or shooting skeet or just blasting as long as I don't hunt with it? Figured I'd ask before I bought the thing just in case.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
3 rounds is only for game in UT. TX might be different but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]
In VA the three-round limit for shotguns also only applies to hunting.  I have an extended magazine on my Benelli home defense shotgun; it holds 11 rounds.

BTW, does anyone else think it's really weird that in VA there's a three-round limit on shotguns for hunting, but no magazine limit for semi-auto hunting rifles?  So yes, in Virginia, you can hunt deer with a semi-auto AK47 and 30-round magazine.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#3]
"swiss venisone"?

12 ga. 3" #00 buck = 15  pellets x 3 shots = 45

vs.

30 rounds 7.62?

Somehow I don't feel under-gunned against the wild Virginia deer (Trafficus Menusus-Dominionicus) with 3 rounds of buck shot, but I see your point.

I love Virginia!

Cheers, Otto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top