Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 9:35:14 PM EDT
I am very happy the AWB is over. Unfortunatly it doesnt allow me any new freedoms.
Many of us are stuck with a State AW Ban that is even more restrictive than the Federal Ban that no longer exists. Im not to "hip" on politics and legal mumbo jumbpo but is there a way that the end of the AWB can help people in California and states alike? For example will this open the door for the USC to rule "Bans" are not legal or something along thoes lines? or Assuming Bush is re-elected can he sign a E.O. that can get rid of the stupid state AW laws? Or maybe change the legal Federal "definition" of ASSAULT WEAPON to its true english definition? Im just fishing for some ideas. Hopefully we are on a roll and can end more Unconstitutional laws.

You would think the 2nd Ammendment is all that needs to be written...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, i am also wondering the same thing. it seems that this lift of the awb does not help us California people. and for us younger croud (im 25) will i never be able to buy a AR in cali?
Shane
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, we in Kalifornistan have our work cut out for us.  Here's how I think we can help ourselves; elect a representative that represents OUR interests and kick out those who don't!

We have a Senate race coming up, and Bill Jones is trying to replace Barbara Boxer in the Senate.  We all know Barbara Boxer is a gun grabber; her senate votes have consistently showed that she disfavors guns in the hands of the citizenry.  So .... get her outta there!

Read this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=272058

then send $25 to Bill Jones' campaign!  More if you can afford it.  We can only change things for ourselves, no one else will.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top