Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 11:07:50 AM EDT
I was hoping to convert my 20" Post ban E2 into an M4 look alike. But now I see bits & pieces that say that some states will not be affected by the AWB sunsetting.

I'm in CT, I think I read NY & MA too. Whats the deal? Do these states have laws that supercede the federal law??

Still a victory none-the-less.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, MA law since 1998 mirrored the Fed AWB. They just re-codified it so that there is no question that the ban still will hold (defined Fed references so that when Fed law disappears there is still a referenced document that they can prosecute on). NOTHING new was banned in MA.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#2]
some people think MD will be the same situation but the state AWB ends the day the Fed does. They were unable to get theirs reauthorized
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no state AWB in Maryland.  They tried to pass one this summer, but it never made it out of committee.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]
NY has one but it maybe a ex-post facto since its not a verbatim copy of the federal law I don't know how it will play out.

Would definately enjoy a legal discussion on the copycat state laws
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:47:57 AM EDT
[#5]
What about Connecticut??
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#6]
how bout google? ;)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know how this will affect California law?  Will it possibly be legal to bring "evil" rifles into the state?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyone know how this will affect California law?  Will it possibly be legal to bring "evil" rifles into the state?

Doesn't effect Kali law at all and you still can't bring in "evil rifles".

The only good thing is for those that registered their AW. They can now have all the evil features on them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Hawaii also has a state law restricting mags with over a 10 shot capacity to military and LEO.  You also cannot be a civilian owner of a machine gun, silencer, sbr, or aow.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Ct. has the state ban on all AK type weapons not registered before last October.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What about Connecticut??

CT's ban only specifies Colt manufacture AR's. It does not say anything vague like "AK47-type" in regards to AR's.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Can somebody post a link to New York laws regarding civilian gun ownership rules. I don't really have time to look for it through a google search. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Can somebody post a link to New York laws regarding civilian gun ownership rules. I don't really have time to look for it through a google search. Thanks!

Go to www.packing.org and look up NY. It should have hot links ot actual state website with info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top