Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 7:15:04 AM EDT
I recently had a form 1 approved to complete a krinkov and on the bottom of the form it has stamped that the build must be 922 compliant.  Attached to the form (stapled) is a crappy copy of the 'evil features' that define an AW.  Since the law goes away soon, one would guess that after the 14th of Sept I can fold the stock, and add a FH, etc. but since the form states it must be compliant with 922 am I stuck with this?

My thought is I cant be required to be compliant with a law that (or section of a law) that is no longer in existance.

Lawyers, what are your thoughts?

I know it sounds stupid, but do you think I should send the tech branch at BATF a letter asking for clarification post 9/14?

Im going to copy this post to the m-16 forum as I know it gets more traffic - hope that doesnt irritate anyone.

thanks,

Jim
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#1]
When the law dies, you can dress it up with the folding stock and threaded barrel.  Since 9-13-94 (or thereabouts) BATF has included the 922 compliance notice on F1's and since your form was approved prior to 9-14-04 it also got one.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top