Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2001 2:37:50 PM EDT
I posted somewhere earlier and someone replied it's legal to import C&R Makarovs (E. German) into PRK.

I have contacted numerous Gun Stores and they won't import them since they are not a PRK C&R list.

Anyone care to comment if it is legal to import and have done so?

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice.

This query will return handgun models that are currently certified for sale in California.

Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.

I copied that from the DoJ's site. A 1927 Argentine military 45 is a C&R pistol. There is no manufacturer to send samples to the gubment for testing. That is why it is excempt from testing!

Most gun shops don't really know what is going on here and I don't entirely blame them. However, according to the law it is entirely legal to do so. Depending on where you live I might be able to tell you where to go.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Trader's in San Leandro was just having a special on them. In fact, they have Romanian SKS's right now for $189.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 5:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks,

I'm in the L.A. area and was trying Firingline and Davis guns.  Can't blame them for not knowing the law.  

I'll try Stevenson's in Burbank.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Makarov is C&R. How complicated can that be to understand?

BTW, it's a great carry gun. Nice design, features, sufficient lethality. It's no hand cannon, but it will work for most applications. Besides, the handgun is just to cover your ass until you get to the rig and the AR behind the seat.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Try CD Firearms in Burbank.  He's got his head on straight.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
CD Firearms? Haven't heard of em' where are they located?

L.A.W. Enforcement Sales seems to be fairly up on the laws, they are in Burbank by NBC. (888) 675-7647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top