Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2004 11:08:53 AM EDT
New guy on this board; this is my first post.

I've read thru a bunch of the "what if" threads about the AWB, and have a more basic question than most of what's being discussed here.

I know the AWB lists the "5 evil things", of which you can have only two; but what about the "other" ban, 921 or 922, iirc.

Doesn't this "other" one (wish I could remember the specific name) also list the "five evil things", and limit them to two on a weapon...?

Basically, if the AWB does sunset, what restrictions are left (Federally speaking), other than Class 3 stuff...?

Can you put a flash-hider and CAR-type stock on your "post-ban" AR;
can you put a legal suppressor (seen by the ATF as a flash hider) on a "post-ban" AR,
Can you put a "real" AK stock on a Chinese MAK-90,,,?

Those kind of broad things.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can you put a flash-hider and CAR-type stock on your "post-ban" AR;
can you put a legal suppressor (seen by the ATF as a flash hider) on a "post-ban" AR,
Can you put a "real" AK stock on a Chinese MAK-90,,,?

Yes.
Yes, as long as you follow the NFA.
Yes, as long as you follow the '89 ban. You must put the appropriate number of US parts on an imported weapon. look around for thread refering to the "US parts count" thing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I misread the post, don't mind me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top