Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 6:50:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I see it the same way.
They get me with that at the blackjack tables sometimes too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The shipping you pay for is insured up to a limit, if your object is worth more than the limit they want you to declare it. Let's say you ship a toaster, it gets to it's destination broken. Now you say it was a one of a kind toaster that won design awards and is worth $25,000. Don't you think UPS is entitled to know that beforehand and maybe charge extra for handling? Since you have to pay extra, and UPS doesn't usually look inside your box, this might also help to keep people from shipping things "pre-broken" or claiming that $100 item was worth $250

Sure I think it sucks in some ways but I live in CA and if I ask you to work on my lower I would understand if you refused because if you break it, you CAN'T replace it.

I'm also certain UPS won't admit the revenue they get is a major factor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top