Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2004 7:41:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#1]

State/DTC is usually the authority, but since he's AD I don't know if it changes things. If you don't find a arfcommer that knows for sure, here are some links to Uncle:

www.bis.doc.gov/About/reslinks.htm
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The GI you want to mail it to should get in writing permision from his Commanding Officer. Also he needs to research German Gun Laws and the SOFA (Status of forces Agreement). German Gun laws would only apply to the GI. If you wanted to donate it to the unit..........It'd be US Government Property and immune from german law. I'm no lawyer but a Master Sergeant did just that with his carry piece when I was stationed in Spain. He got a Guia (CCW permit) for government owned weapons as Americans couldn't get a Guia for privatley owned ones and "LOST" it and paid a dollar (his selling price) for it when he left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top