Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 10:21:55 AM EDT
here is the info i have found on my lower receiver. i have a PWA lower (Pac West Arms) my rifle is set up in aa post ban style none of the evil features but out of being bored i looked up the pre\post listing for pre-post serial numbers. this is what it said

Pac-West Arms (PWA)
(360) 438-3983
This information was given to me by a net citizen who saw it in the Brownell's catalog: "Definite serial cutoff. Last Pre-ban lower is #35,222. All Post-ban receivers are given a year prefix."

now my serial number is 4X,XXX
but dosnt have a year prefix. so where can i find better info on serial number listings....
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
My vote is it's a post ban. But I have been wrong many times before,just ask my wife.A lot of PWA lowers were made before the ban but not sold untill after. Do some more digging and you may find out for sure. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
here is the info i have found on my lower receiver. i have a PWA lower (Pac West Arms) my rifle is set up in aa post ban style none of the evil features but out of being bored i looked up the pre\post listing for pre-post serial numbers. this is what it said

Pac-West Arms (PWA)
(360) 438-3983
This information was given to me by a net citizen who saw it in the Brownell's catalog: "Definite serial cutoff. Last Pre-ban lower is #35,222. All Post-ban receivers are given a year prefix."

now my serial number is 4X,XXX
but dosnt have a year prefix. so where can i find better info on serial number listings....
View Quote

Go read this thread [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=21845[/url]

The serial number is meaningless unless you can prove that the lower was part of a legally grandfathered preban semi-auto assault weapon as defined by the 94 Crime Bill.  It is not sufficient for the lower itself to have been manufactured preban.  It must have been part of a complete SAW before the ban.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, just what Dfender said......

DK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top