Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2001 4:15:46 AM EDT
a while back I filed for my fbi/foipa documents. the judge ruled they can withold documents that contain agents and 3rd party names because it infringes on their right to privacy. however the aclu says they cannot withold entire documents because part of it may be covered under the privacy act. I have already asked to have the names and covered parts redacted, but they still refuse to aknowledge my requests.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a lawyer.

Have you asked the ACLU to help you?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#2]
What are the procedures for getting the FOIA info on yourself?
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#3]
yes I have asked the aclu to help. the procedures are fairly simple there are several forms you use available online at aclu/foipa web addressses.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You can contact your Congressional Rep. They have a staff that sorts out this sort of stuff.

Sounds like the FBI is stiffing you because they think they can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top