Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2001 4:50:13 AM EDT
I have a post ban Colt 6601. I live in GA, but am confused about the full auto law with the exception that we can have them in our state if we go through the proper paperwork/taxes blah,blah blah. Now, if the trigger and bolt group are the registered item, can I install them on this reciever, or do I need another reciever? I am real new to this so please don't flame me to bad, but I would like to know my options.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Critter -
The trigger group / bolt group aren't the registered items for the M16 / select fire AR-15.  However, possession of them without a registered lightning link(RLL), registered receiver(RR), or registered Drop-in Auto Sear (RDIAS), might be construed by the BATF as "constructive intent" to manufacture an unregistered machine gun.

To stay safe, get a RR M16, R-LL or (RDIAS) before placing any M16 part in your AR15.  If you go the RLL or RDIAS route, check to see if your lower has a sear-block or is machined in way that prevents the installation of the RLL or RDIAS.  

The RLL and RDIAS go for $3000 on up, and the RR guns go for $8000 on up. Go check [url]subguns.biggerhammer.net[/url] in the NFA Ad Board for the items on sale.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a post ban Colt 6601
View Quote

A post-ban colt is the single worst choice for going full auto. Colt has taken all sorts of steps, from sear blocks and non-standard fire control pin sizes, to altered internal receiver specs since 1989 to make their rifles harder to convert to full auto.

If you get a DIAS or LL, get a nice post-ban bushmaster receiver to host it - bushmaster rifles are built to the same specs as the original pre-89 colts and registered conversion parts drop right in.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanx for the input. I figured that I would probly end up a little over my financial head on this one, but at least I know what my options are. I will patiently wait until next years gracious tax refund from our guvment, and then buy a full auto pre-ban, this conversion stuff seems to cost about as much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top