Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 3:16:06 PM EDT

1) Rifle must be 26" min.

2) Rifle barrel must be 16" min.

(Add quarter inch to keep wife alive)

Q: Is "shoulder fired" open to interpretation?

Could one put this on a rifle and [i]if[/i] you meet 1 & 2 above be legal?

[img]http://www.allaccesscredit.i8.com/pistolbuffer.jpg[/img]

[b]THANKS![/b]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, it's open to interpretation... BATF's interpretation, not yours.
View Quote

ROFLMAO....well at least thats not as bad as the answer I expected....

Im gonna have to start shopping some stock pad end thingys....

I am seeing the same picture....
[img]http://home.attbi.com/~molaligne/hkcollapse9.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Does the ATFE make special exceptions? It would seem that guns like the 1919A4 would be definitely classed as non-rifles if the shoulder fired bit were critical.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I am also told the new Oly  OA98-PT has a removeable stock, so now I dont know....

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, I am also told the new Oly  OA98-PT has a removeable stock, so now I dont know....

View Quote

Perhaps you can just replace machinegun and component with rifle and stock. Like how the ATF puts it.
"Posession of a rifle can be classified as posession of a firearm, and a stock, which when assembled will produce a rifle".
How's that? [;D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
So, what's with the second pic post? I only see about 1/3 of the pic. What is it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Possession of a machinegun, or all the components to make one, is specifically regulated by the NFA of 1934.  Not so non-NFA firearms.

Possesion of a stock, which will not "attach" to an AOW (meaning if you didn't hold them together, they'd fall apart), should not be a problem.

If one wanted an AR-15 AOW, and built a padded socket they strapped to their shoulder into which the receiver extension of the AOW would fit, I can't see how that could be considered a stock.

I could be wrong, but that's my take.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top