Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 4:50:53 PM EDT
I have looked around and havent found the answer to this questions any where. Anyway i have a friend that works as a police officer and he has a new Bushmaster pre-ban that he wants to sell and I want a pre-ban rifle like everyone else but would I legally be able to own it if I bought it from him like that?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
A "NEW" Preban? Would you mean a new "LE" (Law Enforcement) Bushmaster?

Or do you mean your friend, who just happens to be a police officer, owns a very nice Preban Bushmaster he would be willing to sell?

Do you understand what "PREBAN" is?

[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/docs/primer/[/url]

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]
yes i know what preban is thank you. im not sure if its a law enforcement model or not i know it has the flash hider and bayonet lug on it. if it is a LE model would i still be able to buy it?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
yes i know what preban is thank you. im not sure if its a law enforcement model or not i know it has the flash hider and bayonet lug on it. if it is a LE model would i still be able to buy it? when i said new i meant that he just bought it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Well Jess, the definition of a preban rifle is [b]not[/b] "a rifle with a flash hider and a bayonet lug"; that is why I added the link.

And if it is a postban LE rifle, no you can't buy it if you aren't a LEO.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top