Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 9:46:28 PM EDT
ATF is confiscating barrel trunions in Russian PPSH-41 Parts kits.  In the tech branch they were able to make one fire from a parts kit and the barrel trunions are to be cut.  I had mine confiscated and spent a couple hours down at ATF offices.  They havent announced it like they should but they are giving people 3 days to comply once they get a letter if the kit was traceable.  They went to InterOrdnance and took the customer lists.  They only need the barrel trunion so far but some enforcement branches are taking the entire kits.  Don't get caught with them.  

XC
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
what's a barrel trunion? (sorry, I'm bad with technical terms I have never come across).

Edit: Btw, anyone reading this, who still has theirs, and has a caliper, please make a blue-print. It's not a reciver, and its legal to own. The pukes probably modified it to do whatever the reciver would do otherwise(I think?).
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:49:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually Tech branch ruling states that the trunion is NOT legal to own it has to have the required cut, because this part is considered a machine gun by itself.  The trunion on a PPSH41 is that part where the barrel is pinned in place by the pivot pin.  It is part of the upper receiver and the shroud is pinned and shaped onto the trunion.  ATF does consider this part a machine gun according to the notice I received from Special Agent in Charge Kelvin Frenshaw from the Seattle ATF enforcement office.  With a parts kit,an intact barrel trunion, and an ingenious way of cinching it all together. (Sorry they told me in confidence how it was assembled.) It was able to fire.  I realize it's crap.  I think that all laws hindering law abiding citizens from owning any small arm they want is crap, I even mentioned it to the ATF agent I was speaking to and he agreed with me.  He sees no problem with machine guns in the hands of the law abiding and he told me that he hopes that the assault weapons ban sunsets and would like to see most gun laws repealed.  We BS'd for about an hour just about different weapons.  I guess not all of them are as bad as I thought.  But we have politicians who have passed laws that illegally supercede constitutional protections and until we have a supreme court with balls to call horseshit on unconstitutional laws like the Lautenburg amendment that violates Art 1 Sec 9 concerning expost facto laws we are screwed.  Even ATF administrative rulings supercede the Constitution anymore.  Its a sad time in American history.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top