Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 4:12:33 PM EDT
I've seen some products and designs on the internet where a trip wire sets off a 12ga blank.
I don't think it could hurt somebody unless you got creative or started a fire.
Are these legal to own?
I was thinking about some for toys or a bug out bag.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Whether they're legal or not is going to entirely depend on the state you live in as well as the municipality.  On the other hand, if these are for a SHTF situation why would you care if they were legal or not?  If the balloon goes up all bets are off as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm. Never heard of such a thing, but I imagine that "common sense" application would be more important than whatever your state's law has to say. In a rural area that doesn't bat an eyelash at a gunshot, it's probably no problem.
Be wary of "no discharge" ordinances...not sure if these apply to blanks.

Reminds me of the old "spring gun" cases from my civil torts class. Although those were live ammo...ouch.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have those sites handy?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Robertesq1,
I found these on accident looking for exotic ammo for a desert trip I'm about to go on.
I then did a search for booby traps to learn more on them.
I didn't keep any of the links,but they shouldn't be to hard to find.
I personally think these are cool and with creative ideas they could be a very good suppliment to a SHTF bug out bag.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.fire-balls.com/[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top