Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 4:38:20 PM EDT
The President and Faculty of the College of William and Mary conferred the degree of Juris Doctor on me today...so I'm just one (big) exam away from being a full-fledged professional scumbag!

Now, out the door to enjoy a different kind of "JD".
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats Mouthpiece, may you "rise" to the top o' the pond!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats from one "Tribesman" to another. What Bar will you sit for?
BTW Ever shoot at Superior Pawn & Gun down in Hampton (on Mercury Blvd I think)? Is Chet still there?

Cheers, Otto
W&M JD 2000
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm taking the VA bar in Roanoke this summer...should be lots of fun.

Never shot at Superior...I usually go to Lafayette Gun Club in Grafton, or an outdoor place near my Aunt's house in VA Beach.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats from the Texas State Bar.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there any hope for a 52-year old entering (and completing) law school? I'm a criminal justice major/pre-law minor in my mid-junior year, going full-time at the University of Texas.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is there any hope for a 52-year old entering (and completing) law school? I'm a criminal justice major/pre-law minor in my mid-junior year, going full-time at the University of Texas.
View Quote

Sure. There are a few in your age range in each class at my law school, although most already had their bachelors for a long time and had other careers (a few were doctors, some accountants, etc.). Another lawyer I worked with last summer did it as a second career too.
Most law schools don't care what your undergrad major is, so long as it's not a "joke" major. Poli sci, econ, english, religion, philosophy, are the most common.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations on the big milestone from your father's cousin (does that make me a "second uncle" or some type of cousin?). It might take a law degree to figure that out.Hope to see you again next year during Navy Match season. Again, congratulations on the new vocation AND on your excellent taste in AR's.   E.King.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks...I think we're some sort of cousins, not sure. Second cousin? Cousin once removed? I don't know...but I'm sure we'll see each other again for some shooting.

Anyway, glad you came over to this board. I was wondering when we'd run into each other here. Hope NJ isn't treating you (and your AR collection) too badly.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#9]
This is the first time in three years that I've even opened this site (and only this time because you mentioned that you frequented it). I told you that it might take a lawyer to figure out what the relationship is. As far as the NJ Assault Weapons Law (which is still current), it was estimated that there were so many tens of thousands of affected weapons when the law enacted. The ONLY alternatives were: 1)Surrender them to proper authorities, 2)Permanently disable them and provide documentation, or 3) Dispose of them out of state. Since only about 30 or 40 were so accounted for, obviously all the rest went out of state. Congrats again and see you next Spring.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#10]
This is the first time in three years that I've even opened this site (and only this time because you mentioned that you frequented it). I told you that it might take a lawyer to figure out what the relationship is. As far as the NJ Assault Weapons Law (which is still current), it was estimated that there were so many tens of thousands of affected weapons when the law enacted. The ONLY alternatives were: 1)Surrender them to proper authorities, 2)Permanently disable them and provide documentation, or 3) Dispose of them out of state. Since only about 30 or 40 were so accounted for, obviously all the rest went out of state. Congrats again and see you next Spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top