Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 9:10:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but it irritates me that a lot of ranges, indoor and outdoor that are supervised, won't even let you shoot at human silhouette targets.  These people need to get a life.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't know, but it irritates me that a lot of ranges, indoor and outdoor that are supervised, won't even let you shoot at human silhouette targets.  These people need to get a life.
View Quote

Just goes to show how PC our society has become. Bullseyes are useless for defensive training.

As far as shooting at photos, I don't think it would be illegal but someone may notify the police if they see you shooting at photos of your neighbor, ex, etc. which may get you investigated. Celebs, I think, would be a little different unless it's a politician.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
at Ft Hood--we werent allowed to use pers sillo..

at the range on the way to austin--the told us that we weren't allowed to use Ivans--not their choice they said

getting bad out there
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
In Massachusetts it is without the proper club permit... for real.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw targets of Saddam Hussein while at the range today. I believe that they were for sale...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw targets of Saddam Hussein while at the range today. I believe that they were for sale...
View Quote

good juju!

A friend of mine made some osama-ben-jackin silloettes (sp?) and sold a lot at a range out here one day--then he just gave them away once he covered the cost.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Try this, shoot some holes through a picture of President Bush and mail it to  the Secret Service and ask them.  Let me know what they say. [8D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]
You don't even have to mail them. A few years ago at our range, somebody had pictures of Bill Clinton with a bullseyes superimposed and he was visited by the Secret Service. Someone apparently turned him in.
John
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In Massachusetts it is without the proper club permit... for real.
View Quote

Login,

Actually, it is the other way around. If the club has a State License (so that they can store guns or sell ammo), part of the License requirements state you can't use targets with human outlines (or some legal crap like that). Fortunately, most clubs that I'm familiar with don't have a license, so it really isn't an issue. Although you will run into the typical 'range idiots/range lawyer' who don't know what they are talking about. (These are the same ones that try to tell you that your AR15 is illegal).
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#10]
The only adverse reaction might come after the fact. Say you & an acquaintence have a falling out over a girl. You have a little joke with your friends by taking your fresh Kinko's-printed posters to the range. A week later the drunken aquaintance confronts you in a neutral place and defending yourself you fire upon him. If the posters ever got back to the prosecution they could argue intent. It's far fetched but that's my 2 cents. Other than that I have no clue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top