Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2001 5:25:38 PM EDT
What are the legal methods to pin and/or weld a retractable stock for a postban,in the open position?Also,does it have to be completely open or can it be in the 3rd. position?Thanks,Amigo
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2001 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as i know your stock cannot move once you find your disired pos.and the rifle must meet the min lenghth requirements as pual stated .
Link Posted: 2/2/2001 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm getting ready to do mine this weekend.  I plan on pinning it in about three places with blind pins.  From what I understand, so long as it can't move, you should be good, but all of the manu's use this method.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]
where do you get these blind pins?
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks,guys.I guess I'll do mine tomorrow.Amigo.
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]
What I did was to remove the pivoting part and pin.

Then I JB welded in position #2 and blind pin it with 1" nails that I cut to fit.

I drill a blind hole thru the stock body and the positions rib and used 3 pins.

Then I cold blued the pins and could not even find them myself.

For the buffer I took a rifles one and cut it to the same size as the plastic one that came with my stock.
Then I turned the shoulder down with a grinder and voila, a custom made heavy buffer.

It is a bit heavier than the M4 type but it functions fine.

A warning: You might get bored of having a fixed telestock so if you have an A2 stock, do not get rid of it.

I know because after all the hard work and pinning I got bored of mine:)
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 8:17:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I made do with what I had available for the pins-extractor pins.  I just drilled a hole slightly smaller than the pin, and drove it in.  You can see it, but there is no way to remove it short of drilling ti back out.  It took me about ten minutes to do this.
Link Posted: 2/6/2001 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Would you guys recommend me buying a 6 position or 4 position and then pinning it the length I want???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top