Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2001 8:09:08 PM EDT
I have heard you may only sell a registered AW in CA to an "AW dealer". If true how do you find them? Can I take the weapon out of state to sell? How about the hicap mags?

Keith
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 1:19:17 AM EDT
[#1]
IF you want to sell your registered AW, first find a buyer out of state. Then find a CA licenced AW FFL to have the AW shipped out of state...OR you can go out of CA and sell your AW yourself...OR you can sell your AW to a CA licenced FFL, but why would you since you will not get anything to what it is worth...To find a licenced AW FFL call the CA DOJ.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
i think that evans gunsmithing in orange, ca is a AW FFL. but BEWARE, he buys LOW LOW LOW and sells HIGH HIGH HIGH
find out the costs before signing the gun away
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i think that evans gunsmithing in orange, ca is a AW FFL. but BEWARE, he buys LOW LOW LOW and sells HIGH HIGH HIGH
find out the costs before signing the gun away
View Quote

Yep. [url] www.egsw.com[/url]

To get the best price, I would advertise it for out of state purchase and check with Evan's or look around for others to do the transfer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Gold coast trading company in huntington beach is licensed to by aws.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not even sure if it's legal to advertise your AW for an out-of-state purchase.  See Penal Code section 12280(a)(1): "Any person who, within this state... offers or exposes for sale...any assault weapon, except as provided by this chapter, is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for four, six, or eight years."
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
gold coast is another place that i HATE, i wouldnt bother with those POS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top