Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 6:58:01 AM EDT
I found what I think is a pretty good deal on a preban HBAR. The guy says it was stolen from him and returned some months later. I asked for the SN and called my local PD. They said it was stolen...???

I think this guy is legit, but after forking out my hard earned cash, I want to be able to keep it (the rifle.

Is there some way to get this taken off the red flag list? Of course I want this done prior to my sending my money, not to mention the fact that when it goes thru the FFLs they will call it in.....

I called the state police where it was stolen from and they will check it out and call me back....

Confused[>:/]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
State police where stolen cleared up the matter, all good now...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Talk about icky. I've wondered the same thing when I go to sell my car. I HOPE you got a bill of sale, and that the police know that HE had recovered possession of it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Stolen items in various federal and state databases frequently don't get purged after the items are recovered.  See if you can get it in writing from the SP that the records have been expunged from the NCIC databases.  This could come back to haunt you years from now.  

Maybe your local PD will run the SN for you to see if it’s still listed as stolen.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I did call my local PD and they found "no record found" after I talked to the state police up there. Now, the pins and needles 'tll it gets here...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top