Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 6:04:52 PM EDT
If you've seen those new Kel-Tec Sub 2000 arbine rifles, you know that you can take the 30" rifle with 16" barrel, insert a full mag and fold in in half so that it cannot fire. In this condition, would it carried under a jacket, in a bag, or under my car seat, be a conceaaled weapon or a broken down rifle in transport? I spend most of my time in NH but get to MA and NY, so I'm sure it's a state-by-state thing to some degree.
BRET
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Once you find out if you are able to legally conceal it, there are many creative ways of carrying and concealing that particular weapon.  I own one and am a member of the Kel-Tec Owners Group (www.ktog.org); that site has a message board concerning the Sub 2000 that may be able to answer your question regarding the legalities of the carry of it.  I find it convenient to carry mine in my truck as a back up in a Craftsman truck box customized to carry it securely, if you didnt know it was there, you would just think it was a box for a jack and tire iron.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as I know you can't even go into Ma. with ammo.That state sucks,stay in Nh.Let them bleeding heart liberals keep it. Why take a chance and loose all your gun rights.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are interested in the Sub 2000, you may wanna wait a couple of months because of the new rifle they are going to release.  It is the Su-16, the stock folds under the reciever.  It looks like a small BAR and it is in .223.  I don't know if it takes ar-15 mags, but it would be worth looking into.  You can catch pictures of it in Feb Guns and Ammo or on the www.ktog.com subguns forum.  It will be unveiled at the SHOT show in Feb.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine is a 5.0 up here in Portland.  He says that rifle would be treated as any other loaded rifle would.  Can't have it in the vehicle loaded.

He said the rifle, when fully extended, gives the perception of a rifle, not a pistol...so CCW...nope, not in New England...well Vermont maybe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top