Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2002 2:35:19 PM EDT
I want to purchase a pre-ban CAR stock but I dont have my AR yet, do I have to show proof of ownership of a pre-ban AR to buy it? Or anything?
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
not to my knowlege...but you better not be putting it on a POST-BAN.

That is all.

Edited to say possable : [:k]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Not yet, but I hope to be getting Pre soon
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You can buy a truck load of pre-ban stocks , pre-ban complete upper and a 55 gallon barrel of flash supressors if you like , they are all concidered parts and only parts , now if you  install them on a post-ban lower , well that is illegal , if you what a pre-ban part all you have to do is order it , all pre-ban parts  are completly legal to own by them selfs
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
5 pre-ban lowers assembled into pre-ban configs
2 post-ban lowers
a truckload of pre-ban uppers
a truckload of flash suppressors
a truckload of collapsible stocks

Is that really legal?  I've even heard from some really paranoid people that having a complete post-ban rifle and no pre-ban lower makes having any pre-ban parts illegal.  I've also heard from an even more paranoid source that owning any post-ban lowers at all puts you in violation if you have any pre-ban parts, since they could easily replace the post-ban parts on the post-ban receiver.

And of course, there's the same issue with a SBR upper.

Is there any online collection of BATF rulings on these issues?
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top