Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2002 3:25:01 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a question that has been answered 1,000 times already - with the search function down I can't find those 1,000 times [>(]

I have a Colt Sporter Match HBAR (flash suppressor, no bayonet lug) with a serial number below the pre-ban cutoff from a list I found on biggerhammer, so I assume it is "pre-ban."  What can I do with it?  Can I buy a new upper with a flash suppressor?  With a flash suppressor and bayonet lug?  Put a telescoping stock on it?  Convert it to auto fire?  Add a grenade launcher?  Turn it into an OICW?

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!  And I take back everything I ever said about lawyers!  No, really!
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
fudd, all you can do with it is put a pre ban upper on it, and/or a collaspable stock or/and a "37mm flare launcher".

convert to full auto is a NO-GO

colt
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:22:10 AM EDT
[#2]
ELMER:

I would appreciate it if you could post (or email me) the web address for bighammer.  I also need to check out some serial numbers.

Thanks  [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Gecko, here is the list I found:

[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/ar15serial.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Elmer:

Thanks for the URL.  BTW I'm not an expert, but I don't believe coltcarbine is correct.  I believe that if you have a pre-ban built as a complete rifle prior to the 1994 ban that you can replace or do anything else (non-NFA) to that gun.  Otherwise, why would such notable company's such as Bushmaster, M&A DPMS, etc, sell "replacement" upper's complete with bayo lug, flash suppressor, etc, etc.

Thanks again!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 3:32:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Elmer:

Thanks for the URL. BTW I'm not an expert, but I don't believe coltcarbine is correct. I believe that if you have a pre-ban built as a complete rifle prior to the 1994 ban that you can replace or do anything else (non-NFA) to that gun. Otherwise, why would such notable company's such as Bushmaster, M&A DPMS, etc, sell "replacement" upper's complete with bayo lug, flash suppressor, etc, etc.
View Quote

coltcarbine

fudd, all you can do with it is put a pre ban upper on it, and/or a collaspable stock or/and a "37mm flare launcher".

convert to full auto is a NO-GO
View Quote

didn't we say the same thing? if it's a preban, do what you want with it. he just can't convert it to full auto.......
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Coltcarbine:

Yes, you are right we did say the same thing.  I guess I was not quite awake when I wrote that post for I made the ASSumption that you were referring to an upper assembled prior to the ban.

Sorry about that, please accept my apology!

Gecko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top