Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2002 3:35:35 PM EDT
Is there any way to find out the latest laws on the block for CA?  I had heard that there is a law up on the board that would add a  potential .05 tax on each round of ammunition sold in CA.  The other is a total ban of all rifles that have detachable magazines.  What a "Gun Loving" State.  Thanks to Perata, Boxer and company.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Did the "No Ammo Sale" in Los Angeles pass?
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, It is kind of depressing.  I do my part by writing to my senators and governor and always get back a rationalization letter that blows smoke.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#5]
a kalif gun owner and NOT a member of CRPA????
GET ON IT!!!

the 50cal ban is dead, the bullet tax is dead.

the new handgun safety card (HSC) from what ive seen and read, its nothing more than BFSC with a new name.
i have NOT seen anything about prints, photos, DNA, anal exams, piss tests etc.
if someone has let me know.

the card is good for 5 years, its a new written test, and a safety test, no need for a special class. you should be able to take the test and get the card in Oct.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Join the NRA if you aren't a member!!!

They will probably let you know and also have the[url]http://www.nraila.org[/url] where they emai you with the latest issues.

You could take one for the team an remove all the leftist California legislators, without a gun of course[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#7]
The .50 caliber ban (AB2222) is not dead. Far from it. Remember that SB23 actually died on veto from Pete Wilson before it pulled a pheniox and became law.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a purchaser for an AR who lives in Cali... what are the laws on this? I was pretty sure they're AW banned... but I didn't know if there was a registration process or something through his FFL to make the sale possible?

THANKS,

Doug
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Agwheeler,

Your purchaser cannot take possesion of an AR.  All AR's have been banned.  This also means importation of AW's from other states.  

I have seen at gun shows "legal AR-15's" with a fixed magazine which does comply with SB-23 but I'm not so sure about the RR '89 ban.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think that's entirely true.  California residents may not import the AW's into California, but they may still OWN AW's, just not within state lines.

Think of how many of us transported AW's out of CA before the registration period ended.  Those AW's are still ours but they live elsewhere, where they are not labeled as illegal to own.

So, to cut a long story short, a CA resident may not buy ar AR and have it shipped into CA unless s/he is a LEO with the correct documentation, but you can also purchase it out of state and LEAVE IT out of state.  It may not be brought into California.

Last I checked, the CA DOJ said nothing about their "subjects" being disallowed from owning AW's that live in say, North Dakota or Texas
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Unless you have multiple residency, a CA resident cannot legally purchase a firearm outside of California.  This is because CA state law requires the transaction to go through a California-licensed dealer (even for private sales).  FFL's are required to abide by the gun laws in their state, and in the purchaser's state of residence.

So, the only Cali residents who can legally purchase firearms outside CA (or without having it first sent to a Cali FFL to do the DROS) are military stationed outside CA, or persons with multiple residency - during a period when they actually reside outside CA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:11:56 AM EDT
[#15]
NOT all AR/AK receivers are banned.  Caliban SC threw out the "series" statements, so only specifically listed recievers are banned.

Case in point, the FAB-10 is legal, and the new fashonable "pump" AK [:D]

Technically speaking, all receivers not specifically listed, are legal.  Problem is DOJ is preventing the importation of non-listed recievers, and FFLs are scared shitless to complete a non-listed transfer.

The "hunting" style AKs are legal, by default, since the AK "pump" is legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top