Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2002 4:33:22 AM EDT
Steve,

Not too long ago there was a thread about putting a collapsable stock on a post-ban gun and permanently pinning the stock to one position.  The thread contained a copy of a letter that the BATF sent a member in reference to the legality of doing this.  Does this ring a bell?
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
This one

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=137289&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Forest,

Thanks for the heads-up and I definitely see your point.  I guess it will take another letter to the BATF to determine what "Welding" consists of.

In the meantime, I have a solution similiar to installing a permanent muzzlebrake, which can be welded.  Once I find the desired position of the telestock for my girlfriend, I will drill a hole (or two) thru the lower portion of the stock and tube.  I will use a rivot to hold the stock in place and weld the anchor end of the rivot.  This make it permanent unless I drill out the rivot.  Plus the rivot will flush nicely against the stock and if by some chance the AW ban is lifted or modified, I can drill out the rivot, proxy the holes in the stock and I am good to go with a collapsibe stock.

PS.  Thanks VA-gunnut
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top