Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2001 1:40:22 AM EDT
I have a Desert Eagle .44 and I want to sell it to someone in CA.

The DE is not on the bullshit safety drop test crap in CA.

Can I transfer it to someone via our FFL dealers? I think it's only NEW guns that have to be on this toilet paper list...

Thank you for any help guys.

-Frank the Spank
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Frank,

You can tranfer any used handgun not on the list at our FFL. I think both parties need to be there to do the paperwork. Do you have a buyer? If not, lets talk.

Craig
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#2]
How much are you asking for?

If your in the Bay Area and the DE is used, I think you can transfer/private party sale.

(I think that's correct? I could be wrong)
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#3]
You can transfer, but not import it into the state,, I believe
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Why wouldn't I be able to go to my FFL dealer, have him call the person buying the gun FFL dealer, have hot phone sex and then have my FFL ship the gun to his FFL then do the 10 day, background etc...

???

I'm in Northern CA and he's in Southern CA so that's why I gotta ship it to his FFL.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
This transaction is fine. You can do tfr if any used handgun still in Kali [url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/certlist.htm[/url]

The front page of the site explains the legality of transferring used handguns in Kali.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#6]
You may sell it to any third party in California via any FFL dealer.  The law applies to new guns only.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That's right, the law applies to new gun sales only. Used handgun transactions are still allowed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Not according to what my FFL showed me. BOTH parties have to be present for a private transfer. You cannot sell a non-listed handgun through a FFL to FFL transfer. What I didn't ask was if you both have to be present at the same time. Possibly you might be able to go to Joe Blow FFL today and your buyer meets with Joe Blow FFL tommorrow. I'd check the DOJ.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#9]
See, the problem with all of this, is that there are multiple opinions on what each law means.  The total amount of words in the California Penal Code that dictate items in regards to guns total over that of the New Testament.  Now, think of the New Testament, and think about how hard it is to interpret some of that (even ignoring Revelation).

I personally have corrected FFL dealers on occassion in regards to various topics.  Even the CA DOJ officers are rumored to say stuff like "I don't know how to interpret it, how can I expect the citizenry to interpret it" when it comes to certain laws.  

I [i]THINK[/i] that the FFL dealer can ship to any location.  An FFL dealer can receive from any location, so long as he is not importing.

There is another option... drive it down here to So Cal, and spend a few bucks on going to Disneyland!  :)
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#11]
An FFL may sell the pistol for you on consignment, but he may not buy the gun from you for resale.

Clear as mud? [:)]

GW
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Frank, you still selling the DE?

I think you said $600 on another post. Where in Kali are you at?

I'm in the Bay Area and might be willing to drive a distance to buy if your selling.

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top