Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2001 3:58:11 PM EDT
This is the Gun Parts Trafficking Act of 2001 introduced by Robert Torricelli (d-nj). It seems that this typical eastern pile of feces wants to prohibit and ban shipping or transportation of firearms parts, and when you read the text it would make it illegal to reassemble your own firearm after it has been disassembled for cleaning.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The second page says something about taxes when manufacturing fire-arms, and a license to do so.
I'm just a simple Dutch taxlawyer, but it seems to me that for a private person to be allowed to build his own gun from kits and/or parts a tax of $500 (now $50 for a manufacturer)will be levied. The fact that you may then build as many rifles (probably within a year) as you like seems to be of little solace.
For al you US-(AR15) private-gunbuilders I hope I'm wrong !!!
Taxation has been known to be (ab-)used before !BTW there is a link to the matter on the Olympic Arms website.

Hans
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top