Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 8:22:20 PM EDT
Ok.. next thursday i'm flying (private plane) to san destin, FL with my bro and his GF to meet my folks who leave 2marro.. Would it be a big hassle to take my little USP Compact? Should I leave it at home? I'll only be in FL thurs. fri. and coming home saturday..
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:48:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not see any problem..Private plane, so you must be using a small local airport where you walk out hanger or tarmac. You carry out your own baggage on stowe it away yourself. Firearm is legal at point "A" and legal at Point "B", so take it with you, following most common transport laws (packed away, unloaded).
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.packing.org[/url]

Pretty sure with a private plane and airport you don't have to check and secure your firearm.
Like a car probably. It's not like you're going to hijack your own plane.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The short answer is No Problem. In FL, in a car, a handgun must be "securely encased" which basically means anywhere so that you have to do something to get your hands on it. In a snapped snap holster (which is not on your body), a glovebox or a zippered bag is fine. It can be loaded and the contianer does not need to be locked. The part of the law that says this uses the term "private conveyance", so I think it would apply to a private plane too. You should be fine at parents' or friends' house too. Carrying it around on you in a public place (concealed) is illegal without a permit, unless you are going fishing, camping, hunting, or target shooting. Open carry is illegal unless you are doing one of the aformentioned activities. Non-resident carry permits are avaliable, but it's enough trouble that it isn't worth it unless you are going to be a regular visitor.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
we are renting a beach house and was just gonna take it with me just cause i hate being out of town without my pistol
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Why not get an out of state permit while you are there?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 6:42:36 AM EDT
[#7]
the st of fl reciproctes on cc permits from any state if you have one you all set.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#8]
ummm, no, Florida does not reciprocate with every state. We only accept permits of states that accept ours. Go here [url]http://licgweb.dos.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html[/url] for the offical list.

As for the out-of-state permits, it will take $117 and from about 40 days to 90 days to get one, plus the other little hoops to jump through. IMHO, it isn't really worth it unless you are going to be a regular visitor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top