Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2002 7:31:56 PM EDT
Hi,
    I've run out of options on a CLEO sign-off for a sound suppressor (SWR GS9-K2).  I'm thinking about forming a corporation, and I was wondering if anybody had done this in Delaware or another state?  My impression is that Delaware is easier and cheaper than other states.  Is that true?  Is is a bad idea if I live in another state?  As a reasonably intelligent person, do I really need to pay an attorney to do this?  Keep in mind that I'm already talking about over $1000 for the can, $200 for a barrel, $200 for the fuc%ing tax stamp, plus transfer fees.  A couple hundred to a lawer is going to be tough to swallow, because we've already surpassed my monthly income!

Any experiences forming corporations is welcome and appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Really, nobody has done this?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
fizassist,
In DE. Its illegal to have a MG or a suppressor by anyone else than LE.
SBR, AOW and DD are allowed but forget it because no LEO will sign off. I have been tring to work on these issues and the best I have come up with is to become a C2, but I here its about impossible too.
Let me know if find something else I misses.
ZMan
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Nevada is a piece of cake and cheap.  The only problem would be if the BATF wants you to have a corporation in your home state.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
This is not legal advice:

Forming a corporation is VERY easy in almost every state. It's basically the same everywhere. You file articles of incorporation with the Secretary of State or the State Corporation Commission (or whatever it is in your state) that can be very short and simple (Like "I hereby form this corporation. It's name is XYZ. The incorporator is dbrowne1. Signed, dbrowne1") or very long and complex. The statutory minimum, though, is usually not much more than what I put above in parens. Pay the fee and file the necessary form each year to renew and you're good to go.

Because it's so easy, just get a lawyer to do it. Call around for a quote and explain what you are doing with the corp. Any lawyer can draft you articles of incorporation and search for an untaken name in a matter of an hour.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top