Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2002 5:02:22 PM EDT
i just wanted to know if i can have a flash suppressor and telscoping stock on my fab10
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I do, and so do many others agree.
Because of the fixed magazine, its not an assault rifle anymore, thus you can have whatever the hell you want, except for a grenade launcher.

I've seen these things at gunshows with flash suppressors, so i really wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure if the Feds didnt have a prob with them there, we should be in the get go.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh, NATO-spec flash hiders [b]ARE[/b] grenade launchers....

Scott

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#3]
oh...
Wow i never knew that
LOL
~shrugs~ oh well, shit happens?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
A 22 mm NATO flash suppressor constitutes a "grenade launcher" when it's mounted on a firearm in terms of defining whether or not the firearm is a federal "semiautomatic assault weapon", but it is not a grenade launcher in the sense that an M203 40mm launcher is a grenade launcher (i.e. a destructive device).  A grenade launching accessory for a rifle can't fire fixed ammunition.

The passive grenade-launcherness (sorry about that) of a NATO flash suppressor is trumped by the fact that a FAB-10 does not accept detachable magazines.  Under federal law you can configure one any way you like as long as it meets the minimum barrel length and overall length requirements.

The key to staying legal is not to use a rifle grenade launcher to launch a live grenade, i.e. a destructive device, without paying the tax, doing the paperwork, and complying with state and local laws.

I have a grenade launching device that screws onto the end of a Swedish Mauser.  All by itself, or even mounted on a bolt-action rifle, it's legal even in Californistan.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Then why is it illegal to get a Yugo SKS with the grenade launcher on it in CaliBan?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top