Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2002 6:13:22 AM EDT
I almost had an issue with NJ today.  I live in NY.  The wife was going down to the Jersey shore to meet a friend.  At the last second, I ran downstairs and flagged her down.  Turns out I had a half case of .38 Special +p winclean in the trunk.  It doesn't have hollow points per se, but it has the soft lead nose on the top.

Would those have counted as hollow points for purposes of NJ's gestapo gun laws?  Should I thank my lucky stars I stopped her?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The above notwithstanding, they probably would have smoked her if they'd caught her.  NJ (I'm a former resident, so no flames, please) is God's own hellhole for gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's a softpoint, then it's not a hollowpoint and there's no problem.  I left the festering wound that is NJ about seven years ago.  If my parents and brother still didn't live there, I'd never go back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top