Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2001 12:22:35 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to file a Form 1 to make an SBR, but I had a couple questions, so I figured I'd ask all of you who have done this before:  

1.  Do I have to get an actual copy of the Form 1, or can I use a printed out .pdf downloaded from the BATF web page?  

2.  What do you put in the "State why you intend to make firearm" space?  (I'm assuming "cuz they're fun and I wnat one" isn't the best answer)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Link Posted: 4/2/2001 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Archangel: For the reason, write "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed." (NOTE: there is only ONE comma in the 2nd Amendment, reference: [url]http://www.saf.org/Constitutions.html[/url], The Library of Congress and the Government Printing Office both only have one comma in the version ratified by the Senate, everyone else has it wrong.)  And, dont forget to sue for your $200 back, a right taxed is a right infringed.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
1. Yes, the PDF forms are OK. I've used the for one Form 1 and five Form 4's so far with no problem.

2. I used "For collecting and to enhance my firearm collection" and it has worked 6 times.

Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
1. Yup, pdf's is okey dokey.

2. I usually put "the pursuit of happiness". I have a friend who put "EXCITEMENT!!!" on the form 4 for his 20mm Lahti.  As long as you don't put something like "to hold-up the corner liquor store", you should be fine.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
See the above two posts.  I put "to add to my collection" on my last (and only so far) form 4.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I always put "I am a firearms collector"  very simple and not eluding to the fact that I'm a crazed gun enthusiest.

Remember to do the Form 1 in Duplicate..Everything is done twice...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#6]
The C3 that I got my can from states::To further enhance my firearm collection. He said thats what he puts on all customer Form 4 for last 26 year..
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#7]
One more question that I didn't think to ask before.  The receiver is marked .223   I plan on putting a 9mm upper on it.  But I'd like to be able to put a .223 upper on it later, too.  Which caliber do I indicate on the Form 1?  Can I put down both?  
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup - you can put both calibers down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top