Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2002 5:01:26 AM EDT
What? I cant have 30rd mags in NJ? But, but, I can order them! Why cant I use them? WHat is this about blocking it to 15 rds.? I will move to Canada if I have to. At least there you can own a SIG 550.

[dracula] [marines] [thinking] [sex]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
There's some controversy about blocking them.  Apparently magazines which were blocked that were previously OK suddenly became illegal.

[url=http://www.evannappen.com/lawupdate1gunbook/]See Link[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I made quite a few blocks for mags  when I lived in Jersey, as many board members will attest. But the new laws are draconian there,and blocking mags is now illegal.[:(!] Hence I moved to Florida where I'm treated much better,doesnt seem to be any restrictions on mag capacity(isnt Beta Mag Reuben down here?) and there's concealed carry here as well.[:D] Been to the range a couple times with fully loaded 30 round mags and the sheriff shooting next to me didnt  say anything. My suggestion, although harsh is, get the hell outta there! You wont regret it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh well, I am off to college soon so then I can just get and use those nice 30 rounders elsewhere. What are the laws concerning 30 rounders in CA? Anyone familiar with Canadian specifically Ontario's laws?

[sex]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually read the link that Phil_A_Steen has on his reply(http://www.evannappen.com/lawupdate1gunbook/) we won ! The SP has agreed to readopt the existing law. Means we get to keep them. I am disappointed that there aren't more names on that list though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow!! Great news for New Jersey-ites.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top