Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2001 10:05:42 AM EDT
I'm in the process of applying for a license to carry in Massachusetts in the city of Newton.  Newton requires two reference letters (mentioning that the authors know that you're applying for an LTC) and a third letter authored by me, stating why I need an LTC.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how any of these letters should be worded?  I'm having particular difficulty coming up with justification for the LTC that would be compelling enough to convince the Chief of police to issue the Class A License.

Thanks in advance

-rjb
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm in the process of applying for a license to carry in Massachusetts in the city of Newton.  Newton requires two reference letters (mentioning that the authors know that you're applying for an LTC) and a third letter authored by me, stating why I need an LTC.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how any of these letters should be worded?  I'm having particular difficulty coming up with justification for the LTC that would be compelling enough to convince the Chief of police to issue the Class A License.

Thanks in advance

-rjb
View Quote

RJ-

I lived in Newton for 21 years and still have an LTC there. Assuming that the policy is the same as it was a couple years ago, Chief Gorgone will give you Class A for ALP (believe it or not). Just state as many reasons as possible. Collecting, target shooting, protection of life and family, desire to avoid hassles of the new complicated gun law. Basically, just throw the kitchen sink in the letter, but don't go too overboard and don't lie.
Incidentally, Joyce Todd (the clerk in the deectives bureau) does everything. I don't think the Chief ever even sees the application.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top