Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2002 8:24:37 PM EDT
If I agreed to sell a rifle to a guy in
Amarillo & I'm in Houston it can't be shipped
seller to buyer can it?

What I'm trying to clarify is there are NO restictions on private sales in TX but if I send it via USPS it's just fallen under Federal purvue right?

What about FEDEX or USPS ??

Do FFL to FFL restrictions apply in a state with NO restrictions on private sales ??

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
dont sell it yet.  i am in houston and i am looking to buy a new firearm.  but if the deal is done oh well.  if you want to tell me what your selling, maybe i could find a place for it.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
dont sell it yet.  i am in houston and i am looking to buy a new firearm.  but if the deal is done oh well.  if you want to tell me what your selling, maybe i could find a place for it.  [:D]
View Quote

Thanks for the reply, BUT this is more of a hypothetical.

I'm trying to verify what's legal as far as shipping guns in state.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 5:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no Federal restriction to shipping the rifle within the state.  UPS and FedEx will not usually ship private party to private party.  Your best bet would be to mail the rifle.  USPS regulations only require that rifles and shotguns be mailed in accordance with BATF regulations, which in this case, have no restrictions.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is no Federal restriction to shipping the rifle within the state.  UPS and FedEx will not usually ship private party to private party.  Your best bet would be to mail the rifle.  USPS regulations only require that rifles and shotguns be mailed in accordance with BATF regulations, which in this case, have no restrictions.
View Quote

Thanks!

I guess this would apply to handguns as well ??
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#5]
No, handguns can only be mailed FFL to FFL.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No, handguns can only be mailed FFL to FFL.
View Quote

I thought so BUT as I said I was wanting to clarify the law as far as Intrastate sales.

Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top