Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2002 8:48:22 AM EDT
Hi, any of you Jersey members (or anybody else) happen to know the laws about bringing firearms into the state?  I live in Virginia, and and taking a trip to Cape May, NJ at the Southern-most tip of the state.  I'd like to bring along a long gun, possibly an SKS or another semi-auto.  Does NJ have any weird laws about this?  I know there is a magazine capacity limit, so I guess I will have to leave any mag over 15 rounds at home.  I havn't ruled out contacting the ATF or NJ police for more info, but I would like to get a ballpark idea from this board first if possible.  Any help would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello,

You can transport it through the state if you keep rifle and ammunition separate and the rifle out of reach.  For NJ residents we have to have a firearms ID card to posses a firearm.  It also says that you have to be transporting the firearm somewhere like to the range and you have to go straight there ie no cruising around with it on your way to the range.

Robert
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:48:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Bishop:

Try the NRA-ILA's gun laws site for more information, too:

[url]http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws.asp?FormMode=state[/url]

SAB
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, Jersey has a lot of ridiculous gun laws.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dude, Jersey has a lot of ridiculous gun laws.
View Quote

That's why, unless you really need it (like for a competition) I'd leave it at home.  It's not worth the effort.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top