Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2002 10:36:18 AM EDT
Folks...

Heading to Eastern Oregon - La Grande - for a bit of vacation with family, spend some time at my cousin's small ranch. Flying into Pendleton with an AR or two and a Glock. (Why not?)  

Can some RKIs out there clue me in to Oregon law? I'm used to California law (unfortunately) and the far more relaxed Nevada law (loaded pistol under front seat once I cross the border).

Things are prob a tad looser for rifles than handguns. So:

- For handguns: is a loaded mag = a loaded gun (even if separate)?

- Can pistol travel in passenger compartment in unlocked case if unloaded? Any rules on distance/separation of ammo from gun?

- Any other bits, leniencies or gotchas?

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont know if its there or not but I ALWAYS start at

[url]www.packing.org[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure what Oregon's laws are exactly, but can be found on NRA website at [url]http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws.asp?FormMode=Detail&R=OR[/url]

Hope this helps.

I'm planning on heading to Oregon sometime this summer my self.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top