Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2002 3:38:33 PM EDT
I live in NJ and am planning on going to the Valley Forge show in PA this weekend.  If I find a rifle that I would like to purchase at the show can I?  I have my NJ FID card so is it legal to purchase a rifle out of state?

Thanks,

Robert
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It's generally legal to purchase a long gun outside your state of residence, provided that:
1) Purchasing out of state is not illegal in your state;
2) Selling to out-of-state residents is not illegal in the state where you'd like to purchase, and;
3) You purchase in person from a licensed dealer at that dealer's premises or at an organized gunshow in the dealer's state.

So, unless NJ or PA law forbids it, you can purchase a long gun from a dealer at the Valley Forge show, but cannot purchase a handgun there, nor purchase any firearm from an unlicensed seller.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top