Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2002 9:29:40 AM EDT
I am looking at a nice colt "Match target lightweight". I have a friend whos dad is a lawyer, and a client did not have enough money so he paid with a gun collection. The whole family does not know much about ARs, and it has a few aftermarket acessories on it. There are not post ban features, but the guy could have swapped something out of course. Any way I have tries to reference the SN, but I cant tell for sure. It is: CSL003930. Can anyone give me a hand?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/ar15serial.html[/url]
"CSL" is not shown, but "SL" is shown. Describe the rifle fully...Do you have the original box? What color is the label?
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#2]
There is not a box or any paper work. There are 4 mags with it that are in like new condition that where all dated in 92, that means next to nothing though. It does not have a threaded barrel. It has a standard stock. it has an aimpoint scope mounted forward of the carry handle. I am 99% positive that I wrote down that serial# correctly, as I coppies it right off the gun. I will chet the references though. Thank you.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the "Match Target" names came near or after the stupidity of 1994...

Scott

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:11:56 AM EDT
[#4]
In the Blue Book of Gun Values they state that the Match Target Lightweight began production and at the time of publishing was still in production. I have checked a couple of sources, but I cant say for sure yet. I just want tp be sure tha I don't pass up a good deal, but I do want to be cautious also.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
All three letter Colt MT SN's are post-ban. Call 800-962-COLT.  They will tell you when it left the factory.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Well thanks everyone. I think that I have it all figured out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top