Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2002 3:53:59 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting a ruger 10/22 and putting a folding stock on it but looking at my how to own a gun and stay out of jail they say that would make it a assault rifle?? because it has 2 evil features folding stock and pistol grip, so can I legally do this to a 10/22?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No - the 94 AW ban, 922(v) covers any semi-auto with the ability to accept a detachable magazine, regardless of caliber.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No - the 94 AW ban, 922(v) covers any semi-auto with the ability to accept a detachable magazine, regardless of caliber.
View Quote

Yep, what he said. Only Cali law exempts the .22 rimfre. So while you would be legal under Cali law you would be violating federal law. Not that anyone in CA would know of course.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
What about a Calico?  It has a 100 round drug.

Load it once a shoot all day.

Well at least for a few minutes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top