Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2002 4:10:23 AM EDT
I was told by the ATF that I need both a Type 01 and 07 to deal and manufacture firearms.  I was under the impression that a type 07 could do anything a type 01 could, plus manufacture.  Does anyone have any insight to this?

THANKS
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, I already had looked at the ATF site.  There is still some unanswered questions though.

If you have a Type 07, does that mean you can only deal in the types of firearms you manufacture?

Example I am manufacturing AR-15 style weapons does that mean I cannot deal in Heckler & Koch firearms?

I was under the impression to deal in all types, those not associated with your manufacturing type you would also need a Type 01 FFL.

Any additional input would be helpful.

THANKS
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]
If I recall, "07" can do "01" activities. "07" allows you manufacture NON-NFA stuff, but you would need a "SOT" (02) to manufacture NFA, and this would allow you to do (03) activities.

01 FFL- regular firearm sale
07 FFL- manufacture ammo and regular firearm,
       and sales

02 SOT- manufacture NFA and sell NFA
03 SOT- sell NFA (class 3 dealer)
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Type 01 - dealer
Type 02 - dealer (pawnbroker)
Type 03 - C&R collector
Type 06 - mfg of ammo
Type 07 - mfg (includes 01 and 06 privs)
Type 10 - mfg of destructive devices (includes 01, 07 privs)

Class 1 SOT - importer of NFA firearms (includes C3 privs)
Class 2 SOT - mfg of NFA firearms (includes C3 privs)
Class 3 SOT - dealer in NFA firearms

There are more license types than I've listed, but those are the most common

An 07 or 10 FFL can have a C1, C2 or C3 SOT
An 01 or 02 FFL can have a C3 SOT
An 03 FFL (C&R) cannot get a SOT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top