Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 7:08:33 PM EDT
Everyone knows that the 1994 AWB is set to expire in 2004. My question is this:

What if in 2004 when the ban expires there is a fierce debate to renew it. Bush, up for re-election, seeks a watered down version or to kill it, yet Dems praise it's "success" (yeah right!) and demand it be renewed. Let's say the ban, as it is currently written, is finally passed say a month later. During that month the ATF cannot enforce the law as it is not in effect. So I could install a telescoping Fiberlite stock on my post ban CAR. BUT when the ban comes back into effect how can I prove to the ATF that I legally put the stock on when the ban was not in effect (the month between sunset and renewal)?

CRC
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Va-Gunnut,

Thanks a lot. I will search for "sunset". Again, thanks and good shooting.  CRC
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe we should be working with our friends Dubya, Chaney, and Ashcroft to get it dead BEFORE 2004...

Scott

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe we should be working with our friends Dubya, Chaney, and Ashcroft to get it dead BEFORE 2004...

Scott

View Quote

Umm...yeah.

In case you haven't noticed, its 2002. THIS is the critical year to stop renewal, not 2004.  If republicans can hold control of the house and regain control of the senate in this years elections, we will have won the biggest part of the battle.  If the democrats have control of either the house or the senate, they can bring the bill up in 2004.

If you wait until 2004 to act, you may as well forget it.  This year is far more important to defeat another AWB in 2004.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup.  Vote for the Republican candidate in 2002...Period.  Vote your "conscience" in 2004.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top