Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2002 8:44:30 AM EDT
I am a resident of Georgia working in Charlotte.  I know it isn't lawful for me to carry my pistol on my person or in my vehicle, but I was wondering if it's legal to have it in my hotel room.  Also, if I move to North Carolina, do I need to get a handgun permit for the pistol when I become a resident?

Thanks,
Bradd
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Bradd,

Here are the laws.  I only have one hand gun and I don't carry it concealed so I'm truly not up to date on the specifics and I won't try to interpret them for you.  HTH

[url]http://www.jus.state.nc.us/NCJA/guns.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
You can carry openly in NC.  Not that I would suggeest it in downtown Charlotte.  You can carry it in your vehicle if it isn't concealed, ie on the dash, or seat next to you.

If you move to NC, you don't have to have a permit to own the pistol.  If you want to carry concealed, you must get a permit for this.  It is not per gen, but per person.

The other permit here in NC is to purchase a handgun.  This is obtained for $5 from the local Sheriffs office.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top