Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2002 11:57:40 PM EDT
I noticed a pattern here. There is the NFA of 34, then the gun control act of 68, then the Assault weapon ban/brady law of 94... Each infractions to the second amendment is approx. 30 years apart, if this current rate continues that means in around 2020 there is going to be registration of firearms on the federal level, and in around 2050 there is going to be firearm confisication.... I mean with every infractions to the second there has been not ONE significant victory for second amendment, yea theres the conceal carry laws but thats on state levels but it seems like the federal government WANTS to take our guns. They are just doing it in 30 year periods to get us used to it.... of course by 2020 they will admit that there is already "registeration" in place (the brady law) then they will send out registration reminders to everyone who ever filled out a 4473 or had a NICS check done.... Maybe I should move to Pakistan? Even though they have crappy government but at least they have unrestricted access to firearms... (talk about fully auto AK's for 50 dollars, now why would the likes of VCP make a fuss about terrorists buying weapons from America's gun show when they could get them cheaper at pakistan?)
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll let you know, it will happen in my home state first.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Just make sure you don't [i]lose your guns[/i], so you can give them to the government when it's time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:39:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
If the gov't banned/confiscated guns, I would bury mine in the woods and mysteriously "lose" them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The answer is YES it will happen, it's just a matter of when...unless of course we change things in the mean time, which I doubt.

Oh, and if that day comes, it's not my guns that are going to be buried in the back yard.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe that all background check information is supposed to be destroyed within 20 days of purchase.  Even so, I'm sure FFLs keep good records, and if the time came, someone would know you had a gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#9]
It used to be inevitable.  Now many of us understand that we needn't be sheep all our lives.

PS to bait wolves, appear as a sheep.  They got one of my guns, five years in court, some pink slips, and one hell of a lot more trouble than it could ever have been worth.  :)   [chainsaw]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Buy from private parties, don't let the evil gov know what you have. And when it does come time for them to do door to door confiscations, they can take mine bullets first.

If this is inevitable then get what you can and don't tell

Just wait for the uprising.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE

you are right atencio  it will happen here first

[50]
LOL   just my .02  worth
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#11]
FAR more puzzling than the oath to bury weapons to prevent confiscation is the assumption that "They're gone/stolen/sold" will EVER fly when they come calling.

To anyone seriously contemplating this "plan," do you really think the thugs will then just shrug and move on?  Like they never thought of that?

You don't think they will have given ANY thought to the notion that EVERYONE will try this approach?  You don't think maybe they'll demand reciepts or other documentation?

Let's play "confiscation," I'll play the gov't guy.

"We're her for your guns, hand them over."

You-"I lost/sold them and/or the rest were stolen.  Well, guess you'll be leavin'."

"Show me reciepts and/or a police report or turn around so I can cuff you.  Posession of firearms is a crime.  If you have reciepts, the weapon had better be where you say it is.  If you have no proof that the weapon is not here, this is a warrant which permits us to search your home, car, real estate and place of business.  Even if we don't find weapons, it will be presumed that you are hiding them in violation of the Feinstein Take Back Amerika Act if you cannot prove you are no longer in posession of the contraband."

Try a little reality on for size.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I just hope I am still able to fight by then.[sleep]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I buy private at all times. I havent filled out a 4473 ever in my life and I dont really want to. I can finish a 80% or buy private...
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#14]
What guns?  I don't recall owning any guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top